Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 to 10 tilapia fillets, about 3 to 4 ounces each
- 1 to 2 tablespoons melted butter or butter flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, light or regular
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- dash garlic powder
- dash onion powder
- salt, to taste
Heat oven to 400°. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine the paprika, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
Arrange the tilapia on the baking sheet; drizzle with a little melted butter or spray lightly with butter flavored spray and sprinkle fillets evenly with the spice mixture.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cooked through and fish flakes easily with a fork.
Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, chopped roasted red pepper, lemon juice, dashes or onion and garlic powder in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add salt to taste and serve with the fish.
Serves 4 to 6