Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crumbled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons melted butter, optional
Put flour in a shallow bowl or plate.
In another shallow bowl or pie plate, combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, seasonings, and herbs.
In another shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk eggs with cream or milk.
Dip fillets into the flour, then into the egg mixture, then dip in seasoned crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray. If desired drizzle each fillet with a little melted butter.
Bake at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Serves 4 to 6.
You Might Also Like
- Tilapia with Dijon Pecan Topping
- Tilapia with Garlic Butter
- Tilapia with Cilantro Cream Sauce
- Tilapia with Dill and Sour Cream