- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, packed, about 3 ounces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 to 3 cups baby spinach leaves packed
- 8 tilapia fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a food processor, pulse the 3 cups of spinach leaves, 1/4 cup olive oil, pecan halves, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until the mixture is a fine consistency.
Arrange remaining spinach leaves over the bottom of the baking dish. Place a tilapia fillet on the bed of spinach and put about 1 tablespoon of the pesto mixture on the fillet. Spread lightly to cover most of the fillet. Repeat with remaining fillets and pesto, overlapping fish slightly as needed. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.
Serve with hot cooked rice or pasta.