- 8 ounces mini penne pasta or similar shape
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning blend, or to taste
- cooked asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces, about 2 cups
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey
- 8 ounces shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Cook pasta in boiling water following package directions.
In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter; add bell pepper and sauté until tender. Add garlic and green onion; sauté for 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until well blended. Stir in chicken broth, cooking until thickened. Stir in milk; continue cooking, stirring frequently, until thickened and hot. Add seasonings, asparagus, and turkey; heat through. Stir in cheese and cook until melted. Stir in the cooked drained pasta and pour into the prepared baking dish. Toss bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle over top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Serves 6 to 8.