Cook Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
- 2 to 3 pounds turkey legs with or without thighs
- half of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 to 3 carrots, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 ribs celery, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
In a heavy skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Sauté onion in hot butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the carrot pieces, celery, potato, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt, coating with the butter and onion mixture.
Spread the vegetables evenly in a greased or sprayed 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Top with turkey pieces in a single layer. Heat wine in a saucepan just to the boiling point; pour over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 1 1/2 hours, or until turkey pieces are tender and juices run clear when pierced with a fork. If turkey is becoming too browned, cover with foil.