This flavorful turkey and vegetable stew is flavored with a little red wine and herbs. The stew is baked to perfection in the oven.
The stew is made with turkey breast tenderloins, but turkey cutlets could be used as well.
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 to 10 small red potatoes, unpeeled, cubed
- 4 medium carrots, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat oven to 350°. Heat oil in ovenproof 6-quart oven safe Dutch oven over medium-high heat until oil begins to sizzle. Place turkey, potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic in pan. Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes or until turkey is lightly browned. Sprinkle flour over turkey mixture; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in chicken broth, wine, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a boil; add sliced mushrooms. Bake uncovered at 350° for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley.
Serves 4 to 6.