This basic turkey salad gets lots of extra flavor from the sliced grapes and a little lemon juice. For added crunch and protein, add coarsely chopped pecans and enjoy on lettuce for lunch or use it in a hearty sandwich. Large Photo
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup sliced red seedless grapes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3/4 cup coarsely broken or chopped pecans
- 3 to 4 cups cooked diced turkey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
Combine the grapes, celery, green onion, pecans, if using, turkey, and parsley, if using. Toss to blend ingredients. Combine the lemon juice, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, and pepper. Stir into the turkey mixture until blended, adding more mayonnaise if needed. Add salt, to taste.
Serve in sandwiches or on greens for a lighter lunch salad.
Serves 4 to 6.
Curried Turkey Salad
Curried Turkey Salad With Green Grapes
Turkey Salad With Almonds