An old-fashioned molded vegetable salad, great for holidays and family dinners.
- 1 package (3-ounce) lime flavored gelatin
- 1 package (3-ounce) lemon Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
Dissolve lime and lemon gelatins or Jello in 2 cups boiling water. Add 1 1/2 cups cold water, lemon juice, and horseradish. chill until partially set. Fold in vegetables. Pour Jello salad mixture into a 5 1/2-cup ring mold. Chill Jello salad until set. Arrange lettuce on a serving plate; unmold Jello salad onto lettuce. Serve Jello salad with mayonnaise. Jello salad serves 8.