- 3 lbs. boneless venison, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon or equivalent base
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can tomato soup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
Trim excess fat from the meat and place in slow cooker crockery insert. Add onion, green pepper and 1 cup water, along with the beef bouillon.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, until meat is well done and shreds easily with a fork.
Pour liquids into a saucepan and boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
Add the reduced liquid back to the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients; stir to mix. Cover and cook on LOW for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Meat should be pretty well shredded by the end of the cooking time.
Spoon over toasted bun halves to serve.