- 2 pheasant
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- barbecue sauce, optional
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, optional
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- onion powder, to taste
Combine marinade ingredients. Put pheasant and marinate in large non-reactive container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir occasionally to keep pheasant coated.
Discard marinade and transfer pheasant to slow cooker; add 1/2 cup of water or chicken broth.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours. About 30 minutes before done, coat pheasant with barbecue sauce, if desired.
More Pheasant Recipes
Marinated Roasted Pheasant
Pheasant in Wine
Slow Cooker Pheasant with Wild Rice
Chicken Recipe Index
Chicken Breast Recipes