- 1 4 to 5 pound boneless turkey breast, with skin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tart apples, peeled,cored,chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in large chunks
- 4 medium leeks (white part & 1-inch pale green), rinsed,sliced thinly
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Arrange apples, carrots, and leeks in bottom of 5- to 7-quart slow cooker. Top with turkey breast, skin side up. Drizzle the lemon juice over turkey breast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, until tender. The internal temperature should be 160° F. to 165° F..
Transfer the turkey breast to a serving platter and keep warm. If desired, brown the skin under the broiler for about 4 to 5 minutes. Let turkey breast stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Turn the slow cooker to HIGH. Whisk broth and wine into the juices in the slow cooker. In a small bowl or cup, combine the butter and flour until the flour is well incorporated. Whisk into the slow cooker and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Cook and stir for another minute.
Alternatively, you can cook the broth, wine, and juices in a saucepan on the stovetop. Add the butter/flour mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour sauce into a serving dish and spoon over breast slices.