Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, seeds removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed and finely minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds and any soft fibers. Arrange the squash, cut side down, on the foil lined pan. cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour. Turn over, cover with foil, and bake for about 20 minutes longer, or until very tender.
Scoop squash out of its peel and toss in a large bowl with the butter, diced tomato, basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, pepper, and salt. Serve hot with crusty bread.
Serves 4 to 6.