This quick, easy recipe was given to me by a friends mom. I always thought it was an old treasured recipe that had been handed down. I never knew until she gave me this that it a modern and easy!
- 1 box white cake mix (2-layer size)
- 1 box (4-serving size) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ounces red food coloring
- **Cream Cheese Frosting**
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 box (1 pound) confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Cool cake on racks.
Frosting: Beat the butter butter and cream cheese until smooth and light. Add vanilla and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Spread frosting over layers and sides, sprinkling each layer with chopped pecans.
You Might Also Like
Red Velvet Cake (Cake Mix)