Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened (10 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded, about 2 cups
Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs until smooth. Slowly beat in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg until blended. Stir in zucchini.
Spread in the prepared baking pan and bake for 17 to 20 minutes, until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and bounces back when lightly touched with a finger.
Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut as desired.