- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, such as canola oil, corn oil, or safflower oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 1 box (18 ounces) carrot cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1 medium zucchini, unpeeled, grated, about 1 1/2 cups grated
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, optional
With an electric mixer, beat oil and eggs together. Beat in the pineapple with juice and the cake mix. Stir in the zucchini, nuts, and coconut, if using.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the cake bounces back when touched lightly with a finger.