So you like cheese on your grits? Gravy? How about syrup? Must they have butter? Tell us about your favorite toppings for grits! Share Your Favorites
What I put on my grits
- Fried catfish on the cooked grits, and i put chopped onions and jalapenos, and butter in the grits while they cook. Sometimes i eat bologna and grits, with or without grits. also sausage patty minced and saute with onions and jalapenos and cheese
- —Guest guest dede
what do you put on grits
- butter salt and pepper and once in awhile i will put some cheese and crumbed bacon in
- —Guest Brad Suarez
What I put on my Grits...
- I have two favorites. Cheesy Grits with whatever cheese i have and a little salt. Plain Grits with a little butter and grape jelly. Some times when I'm feeling adventurous mix the two.
- —Guest courtney
- For my grits I cook them in the pot and when they are almost done, I put at least 4 spoonfuls of butters and a few pinches of salt and pepper! Absolutely delicious!!!
- —Guest Nana
- I put sunny side up eggs over the grits then mix them.
- —Guest matthew
Good on grits
- I like a little pure maple syrup or a small amount of sugar. Butter and salt are good, too.
- —Guest Maggie May
what do you put on your grits
- I like mine with 2 tblspns crumbled blue cheese and 1 tspn chopped garlic with butter salt and pepper in it. I serve it along side fried shrimp!
- —Guest kristine13826
- Grated cheddar cheese, garlic powder and a soft boiled egg. Yummo!
- —Guest Pat Williams
- When I cook a hamsteak I make redeye gravy and put it on grits.
- —Guest pansysgateway
- I am a Purist - lots of butter. some salt. That's all
- —Guest wilma stone
- i put cheese, medium salsa, gravy butter during cooking ost think i am crazy for the salsa but good to me
- —Guest email@example.com
- What i like on my grits is jelly. your favorite type of jelly
- —Guest Tony B
- When I cook grits, I use half water and then half milk (or cream)--serve with alotta butter and pepper!! YES!!
- —Guest grandmellie
What do You Put on Your Grits
- Salt, pepper, butter, Tabasco. Sometimes a piece of American cheese in addition to the other ingredients for a little variety.
- —Guest T Houk